Sunday, September 21, 2008

Canning Continued...

So, my life is pretty much the same everyday. I don't send out family newsletters or anything because honestly, there's nothing to report. Even over the course of a year we do pretty much the same thing. I only have one child, so I don't have all the craziness of a houseful of kids to talk about! But, I do have canning, which is crazy (at least for me!). This week I was able to put up, or help put up 6 batches of salsa (that's 90 QUARTS of salsa)!!! That didn't include my apple sauce, peaches, jam and peppers. One of the longest weeks of my life! Ha! I was up until 1 am one night finishing a batch. Now, we have tons of salsa though and we are very happy-- almost 50 quarts. The mess is a little under control but my supplies are all over the house, though they are cleaned up and more contained than eariler! I still have lots to do, but I have a break for a few days and I need it!
Coming up.. more peaches, apple pie filling, pears, peach salsa





4 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

Wow! Emily, that is so wonderful and amazing! I've always wanted to be a canner. I've only done tomatoes once - I believe about 10 quarts - but they were precious to me, and I used them sparingly. I think I would love to cook out of your pantry!!

Jessica Jane said...

You are a machine! Wow!! See that's the great thing about 1 kid, you can do stuff like that. At my house the pressure cooker would explode because a fight broke out and later the glass jars would be used for bowling practice or for rolling down the stairs and all would be lost. You are amazing. Soon you can open your own grocery store!

A. Schoonie said...

You are a canning maniac! Your shelves look awesome with all of your finished product. That is awesome!
Ashlie

Nina said...

Amazing, Emily! Way to go on the hard work of getting all of this stuff prepared! It will make the winter wonderful, I'm sure. Take care!