Friday, May 2, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

GOOD- Doug and I had a overnight getaway in Salt Lake. Doug took Wednesday and Thursday off, we had dinner out and matched movies. Our friend gave us a hotel stay gift certificate they didn't want and we stayed in a hotel downtown Salt Lake. It was so fun! We missed our girl though, and were happy to return to her yesterday. It was so nice to have Doug around-- two nights in a row, even!

BAD- We took our car to get inspected (required each year in Utah) and it failed. It failed BAD. Well, only the upper and lower ball joints and arm, but expensive to fix. We are thinking of letting it sit for a while. It's nice weather at least and Ellie and I can use our feel a little more to get us places. Doug doesn't have as much school either, so we wouldn't be without a car 24/7 like we would have been this last semester! Agh! Our money has other needed places right now. We have our interview to start the adoption process next Friday! We are excited about that:)

UGLY- So, many of you probably don't know, but I am a bathroom surgeon. I went to BSMS (Bathroom Surgery Medical School) and excelled, if I do say so myself. Well, the consequence of my surgeries is a rather ugly looking toe. I have two toes nails that have issues. I won't go through the whole disgusting saga, but needless to say, they often come off. Pretty ugly business.

Now you know the good, the bad and the ugly of my life! have a good one:)

2 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

So nice for you and Doug to have time together. That is awesome that you have an interview for adoption next week...we wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I thought you failed out of medical school???? The teacher said you were a little to creative in the OR and maybe your should consider being an artist .:)