Thursday, May 21, 2009

Let the Summer Fun Begin!

We took our first camping trip of the year and it was so great! Just the three of us. We all love the water, eating outside and setting up camp.






Funny Story...

So, I love a fire camping. It is camping. I love a big fire! I like to see flames. Doug thinks I'm a pyro, but it is so beautiful and they are just good memories. So, I start collecting a bunch of sticks from around the camp and I put them on the fire to make it have more flames. Even though I know they won't last I still do it because we don't have really in between sizes just twigs and BIG logs.


As I am doing this Doug says to me, "hey, save some for morning". I start laughing so hard! I could barely talk and I say to Doug, "are you serious? Look around camp. There couldn't be anymore wood!" I was laughing for at least a half an hour after that. I even took some pictures so everyone could see the "shortage".




We joked about it the whole trip. So funny. I love making memories. The next day we went hiking to the wind caves. Beautiful! You climb 900 feet in 2 miles, so it's intense, but great. I think we did pretty well for our first hike of the season. This is the last year Doug is carrying Ellie on his back. She's a big girl:) While we were hiking, I of course needed some breaks. I was behind Doug and El and called out to stop and when we were resting Ellie says to me, "mom, my arm's tired from hiking." Really? I feel bad for you kid. That must be a tough ride on dad's back! Ha!

4 comments:

A. Schoonie said...

Your camping trip looks like it was a lot of fun! Your veggies look good too. Just wanted to say HI!
Take Care - Ashlie

Nicole said...

Where did you guys go camping? It looks like you had a lot of fun! Alex and I love camping and are looking for some good places up here that aren't too crowded or too far away....any ideas?

Jessica Jane said...

Such a Forsgren thing to be worried about running out of things. ( =

Carolyn, Chad, Jer, Jesi, Coy, KK and Nanna said...

You guys are awesome! We can't wait to see you in a few days!